top of page
pexels-laura-james-6101965.jpg

Year-End Giving

Did you know?..

  • In 2022, there was an increase in the number of school aged children, veterans, and individuals aged 60 and over, experiencing homelessness in Fauquier County and the surrounding counties in the greater Piedmont region.

  • Family Shelter Services operates the only Emergency Shelter in        Fauquier County.

  • Family Shelter Services also serves families and individuals in surrounding counties and states. We do not turn anyone away based on residency.

  • 66.7% of the total homeless population of the United States is                      single individuals, with the remaining 33.3% being families.

  • Family Shelter Services is a charitable non-profit organization and does not receive ANY federal funding. We rely on the generous donations of individuals, businesses, community organizations, and grants to keep our programs operating.

Your contribution helps to support our mission of providing short-term     shelter, transitional housing and comprehensive services to individuals and families in a trustworthy and safe environment, with an aim to help end homelessness in the community.

Mission dark blue circle.png

OUR MISSION

With our supporters, our staff, and our participants we will inspire our community to take action, break the stereotypes and social isolation of homelessness.

Facilities icon.png

FACILITIES

The Fauquier Family Shelter consists of the only emergency shelter in Fauquier County, as well as a transitional housing program.

FFS Text Logo 2.png

The Fauquier Family Shelter provides stability for locals in need. For more than 30 years, FFS has offered emergency shelter services in addition to longer-term transitional housing programs for qualifying individuals and families. Our mission is to protect and nurture Fauquier County’s neediest residents, guiding them to a new chapter of personal and financial stability.

profile-GOLD2020-seal.png

GUIDESTAR

The Fauquier Family Shelter has been awarded a GuideStar Gold Seal of Transparency. Our profile provides current information on financial and program information.

Volunteer dark blue circle.png

VOLUNTEER

Whatever your interests or skills may be, there is an opportunity for you to make a difference in the community through volunteer work at Fauquier Family Shelter Services. Whether tutoring, transportation, repairs or clerical work, FFS volunteers, our operations are driven by locals who want to “give back” by sharing their time and talents. 

THANK YOU

FOR YOUR SUPPORT

AW Logo 2022_Primary.png
DCMI Buildings Stacked.png
Fauquier County Seal.jpeg
path foundation2.png
Superior Paving.png
bottom of page